Re: Lilypond-book -- almost there...

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: Lilypond-book -- almost there...
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 18:08:48 +0200

On 04.10.2007 (00:09), Francisco Vila wrote:
> 2007/10/3, Eyolf Østrem <address@hidden>:
> >
> > If I have \include{out/appendix} in the master file whole-book.tex,
> > the latex compilation stops, complaining that
> >
> >     "! I can't find file `lily-c02d2e2f36-systems.tex'."
> >
> > So I assume that out/ is not searched for files, only ./
> > It's not that I mind having all the files in the top dir, though, I
> > was just wondering.
>
> The out directory is supossed to be for output files. You can name it
> las you want, however. I'd first change the name of include directory
> to "include" or "input" for greater clarity.
>
> Your message seems to indicate that some error happened with this file
> in particular, as this is not your given name, but the one generated
> by lilypond-book. Try compiling it as included into a minimal,
> self-complete tex file so you can test it separately.

It's not just that file -- somehow (and I'm sure I could track that
down, but there are so many files...) there is some mixup in the
folders. I may pursue it further some other day. Until then, I'm
perfectly happy with the current solution: lots of glorious crap in
the same folder...
My makefile works wonders too. Thank god I sat down and figured out
how to use make -- it's going to save me lots of time in the future.

Eyolf

--
Genius is ten percent inspiration and fifty percent capital gains.