Re: is it possible to glue two staff's together? (hymn solution)

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: is it possible to glue two staff's together? (hymn solution)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 08:37:30 +0200

Op donderdag 4 oktober 2007, schreef Ted Walther:
> In hymn typesetting, the refrain is nicely centered between the bass and
> treble clefs.
>
> If it were possible to "glue" two staffs together, end to end, that
> would solve the problem.  I could attach the refrain lyrics to the
> second staff, and put the verses of the hymn into the first staff.

Maybe the new spacing techniques in 2.11 could allow for lyrics to be centered
between staffs?

e.g: have 5 Lyrics contexts:

verse 1
verse 2
  <skips>                       refrain
verse 3
verse 4

and have verse 2 and 3 just close to each other because there is are only
skips in the refrain lyrics. I didn't try.

when there is an odd number of verses, the refrain lyrics could be added to
the middle verse.

with best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--