Re: GDP: Rhythms rewrite

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: GDP: Rhythms rewrite
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 21:01:35 +0200

On 8 Oct 2007, at 20:48, Graham Percival wrote:

No, because GDP _is_ the next version of the lilypond docs.
This would be only if you want people to read it before it has been made the official docs.

I post a link to
http://opihi.cs.uvic.ca/~gperciva/

about twice a week on this mailist.

One problem is that the traffic here is so heavy, that it is hard to read it all.

And I went to that link, but when I click on it, it says:
  LilyPond documentation  Version 2.11.32
Nothing really that giving any hint of any GDP.

Now that you say it, perhaps one might guess that this LilyPond documentation Version 2.11.32 is not really that, but GDP. Right?

Perhaps setting up a Wiki?

If you want real documentation, wikis are worse than useless.
Wikis are great for silly little facts one does not know where to put elsewhere.

If somebody has a real documentation addition, I will figure out where to put it. If they have a small lilypond example, they add it to LSR.

The setup is perhaps great for the dedicated user, but a steep learning curve. And it is hard to find the information. A little like UNIX. The method I have found best, is to have it all in a single PDF, and in Preview (a Mac OS X PDF reader) search for certain keywords. The problem is really to get quickly find the information needed.

  Hans Ã…berg