Re: Not recognizing "\notes", install problem?

From: Bryan Stanbridge
Subject: Re: Not recognizing "\notes", install problem?
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 17:04:12 -0400

Seumas McX wrote:
This is probably something really simple, but I'm trying to compile the
following file and I get a lot of errors (including not recognizing "\notes"
as a command). I'm guessing it's an installation error and probably
something obvious  - can anyone point me to a fix for this?

Error message for above:
grace.ly:10:9: error: unknown escaped string: `\notes'

Greetings Seumas,

\notes is an old syntax from several stable versions ago. Try the \score {} block minus the \notes { and corresponding }

Cheers,
Bryan...