RE: MIDI (how to) mute only one staff

From: Ed Ardzinski
Subject: RE: MIDI (how to) mute only one staff
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:38:39 +0000

I use this technique for wrinting out my bass parts with a midi file to listen to.  The midi part is writen to the tones that are supposed to be heard, the written part is transposed an octave up.  I also use it to do exactly what the OP wants - have a midi file with the complete harmonies, and a print out with just the chord symbols.