Re: Japanese translation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Japanese translation
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 12:54:45 -0700

Thanks for you interest, Ishizaki-san!

We recommend that translators work on the website before translating the docs. This is partly because we have more website readers than documentation readers, but also at the moment we are rewriting a lot of the docs. Due to this rewriting, translations for the 2.10.x documentation might not apply to later versions. By the time that you have finished translating the website, most of the docs will be "stable" again and will be safe to translate.

Cheers,
- Graham

Ishizaki wrote:
Dear translation meister and lilyponders,

I began to make Japanese translations of v2.10.x documents.

I've read discussions about other translations on this mailing list.
Also, I've read instructions on the web http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=blob_plain;f=TRANSLATION;hb=web
and tried to make translation of this.

But somehow, only v2.10.x branch can be compiled successfully for me.

Anyway, hoping some part of my translation can be used in the future...