Re: SystemStartBar on one-staff systems

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: SystemStartBar on one-staff systems
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:46:28 +0200

This problem has been brought up a few times in the mailing lists, see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2007-07/msg00028.html

Since nobody has reacted since those emails, I will try to fix the problem in the
source code.

  /Mats

Risto Vääräniemi wrote:
Dear All,

I'm trying to add a bar line to the beginning of a system with just one
staff. By default the line is missing but sometimes that looks a bit odd –
especially when the system starts with a bracket.
I think I found the recipe that should add the bar line. However, it's not
working I expected. In fact it's not working at all. :-)

I tried to modify the SystemStartBracket example provided by Reinhold
Kainhofer and added a new line to change the collapse-height of the
SystemStartBar. I wonder if this object is for creating bar lines or for
something else. Can anyone tell if there's something wrong in my example
code? The bracket appears all right but the bar line is missing.

-Risto

%%%%%% Snip start %%%%%%%%
\version "2.11.32"

sop = \relative c'' {
c4 c c c }

\layout {
  \context {
    \ChoirStaff
    \override SystemStartBracket #'collapse-height = #1
    \override SystemStartBar #'collapse-height = #1

\score{
  \context ChoirStaff <<
    \context Staff=soprano <<
      \sop