RE: MIDI (how to) mute only one -chordname- staff

From: Ed Ardzinski
Subject: RE: MIDI (how to) mute only one -chordname- staff
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:29:22 +0000

>Yes your method does work well for a normal "Staff", but I can't seem to get it to work with
>a "ChordNames" staff.  I can't seem to apply Dynamics to a chord name(?)

Again, this is preference, but I really don't like the midi outputs that come from a chordnames staff - you have no control of the voicing, and at least in the version of LP I'm using (2.6.5) chord mode does not respect ties, so I can't get the proper rhythm from a chordnames staff if there is anything beyond a basic rhythm.

It is a lot of work to get a complete harmony voice written, but it is well worth it if you are aiming for a decent midi output.

Just my $0.02...