Re: MIDI (how to) mute only one -chordname- staff

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: MIDI (how to) mute only one -chordname- staff
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:52:26 +0200

Ed Ardzinski wrote:

>Yes your method does work well for a normal "Staff", but I can't seem to get it to work with >a "ChordNames" staff. I can't seem to apply Dynamics to a chord name(?) Again, this is preference, but I really don't like the midi outputs that come from a chordnames staff - you have no control of the voicing, and at least in the version of LP I'm using (2.6.5) chord mode does not respect ties, so I can't get the proper rhythm from a chordnames staff if there is anything beyond a basic rhythm.
That's easy to fix. Just add the following lines at the top of your file:

\midi{
 \context{
   \Voice
   \name ChordNamesVoice
 }
 \context{
   \Staff
   \name ChordNames
   \accepts ChordNameVoice

I don't really understand why this isn't the default. Probably, as has already been pointed out, that you cannot control how the chords are realized, but then we
maybe shouldn't generate any MIDI output at all.

  /Mats