Re: beam bug?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: beam bug?
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:15:54 +0200

See http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=60
for the bug report and a workaround.

  /Mats

Stan Sanderson wrote:
I believe I saw this previously reported, but haven't found the discussion (or a temporary resolution).

An 8th followed by a 16th rest and 2 or more 16th notes results in the bar extending to the left of the first 16th note. In the following snippet, the first group is logical; the beam fragment is necessary to interpreting the timing of the 16th note. The second group also has the fragment of beam, but in this case it is unnecessary and out of place.

\version "2.11.34"
\score {\new Staff {
\relative c' {f8[ r16 f] f8[ r16 f f]}}}
\layout {ragged-right=##t }

If there is a work-around, I would be grateful for it.

Thanks-

Stan

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing