three polyphonic voices on three systems and (at the same time) on Piano

From: Alex Rolex
Subject: three polyphonic voices on three systems and (at the same time) on PianoStaff
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 12:21:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everybody,

I am addicted to LilyPond since only a few days.

So first let me say big Thank you to those who invented this powerful program

with beautiful output!

I want to type a three-part fugue in two ways:

first as a tree-staff score,

and then as piano-score.

For convenience I want to type the voices only once.

I thought I could apply the Autochange-feature.

But it does not work as I expected. (I know. It would be a miracle.)

So, if it can be done, how can it be done?

See the example:

%%% BEGIN  3-part-Polyphony with AutoChange EXAMPLE

\version "2.10.33"

global = {

  \key c \minor

  \time 2/2

}

firstvoice = {

  \global

  \relative c' {

    es2 f |

    g as |

    bes c |

    bes2. a4 |

    bes1

secondvoice = {

  \global

  \relative c' {

     g4 c bes as |

     g es' d c |

     bes g' f es |

     d g8 f es2 |

     d1

bassvoice = {

  \global

  \relative c {

    c2 d |

    es f |

    g as |

    bes c |

    bes1

\header {

  title = "Autochange Staff"

  subtitle = "applied on polyphonic piece"

}

\score {

  <<

    \new Staff  \new Voice  { \clef treble \firstvoice }

    \new Staff  \new Voice  { \clef alto \secondvoice }

    \new Staff  \new Voice  { \clef bass \bassvoice }

  \header {

    opus = "This works fine"

\score {

  <<

    \new PianoStaff

    <<

      \autochange {

        \override Staff.NoteCollision #'merge-differently-headed = ##t

        \override Staff.NoteCollision #'merge-differently-dotted = ##t

        \secondvoice

      }

      \context Staff = "up" \new Voice { \firstvoice }

      \context Staff = "down" \new Voice { \bassvoice }

  \header{

    breakbefore = ##t

    opus = "Can this be made working in an automatic way?"

%%% END 3-part-Polyphony with AutoChange EXAMPLE