Re: Stem extension troubles...

From: Stan Sanderson
Subject: Re: Stem extension troubles...
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 14:11:46 -0500

On Oct 24, 2007, at 1:23 PM, Chakat Sandwalker wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. They were quite helpful, and I'll be sure to keep them in case I have other uses for them in future. I also discovered that introducing a second Voice for that bar allows me to typeset the score as originally written (i.e. with a tie held into a note/rest chord) using the following:

\layout{ragged-right=##t}
\voiceOne << \clef treble {g8[ c16 g~] g4}
\new Voice="1" { \voiceTwo r4 r8 \clef bass <g,,, g'> } \oneVoice >> \oneVoice

It's clunky (isn't a lot of code?) but it works.

Again, thanks for the provided suggestions.

Sandy

Sandy-

The code must have become garbled in your message- I believe you meant something like

%% *******
\layout{ragged-right=##t}
<<  \voiceOne
        \relative c''{