A minor hairpin problem...

From: Chakat Sandwalker
Subject: A minor hairpin problem...
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:50:14 +1300

Having got past my stem extension problem, I'm now at the end of the piece, where I have two \alternative bars at the end. In the bar preceding the first \alternative I'm starting a hairpin with \< and ending it with \! inside the \alternative bar, and the problem I have is that there doesn't seem to be a way to 'continue' the hairpin to finish it inside the second \alternative bar. The code I have (slightly modified for the example) is:

\version "2.10.25"
\layout{ragged-right=##t}
\relative c' {
\repeat volta 2 {
   \key c \major
   f16 d a e'~ e\< a c8
}
\alternative
{
   {
       b16 a gis <c, e a>~ <c e a>8 <d f g>-.\!
   }
   {
       b'16 c d8 <e, g c>4-.\f

Is there a way to continue the hairpin, or should I not worry about it, and leave it to the performer to figure out the implication.