Re: Professional LilyPond users?

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: Professional LilyPond users?
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 22:18:50 +0100

Am 2007-11-01 um 21:57 schrieb Dominic Neumann:

Additionally I wrote a system (with Perl+Catalyst ...) for managing
the creation of songbooks (with lilypond-book and LaTeX).

Looking at your homepage I see that you're "much more professional" WRT music publishing than me. ;-)

I don't know what your system is able to do, but I find ConTeXt's LilyPond bridge more comfortable than lilypond-book: I simply use ConTeXt's project structure: each song is one "component" file, each songbook is one "product" file, collected in a "project" and fed by one "environment" (LaTeX: style class) for all. A component can be used by several products (similar to LaTeX's \include). The lilypond code is just embedded as a block in the text files, like e.g. MetaPost graphics. In LaTeX you'd call that an environment. ConTeXt's "texexec" script calls TeX, LilyPond, GhostScript and what else is needed. It also tracks which LilyPond snippet has changed and must get re-rendered. Hm, perhaps I should try a database backend for storing my songs... need one for my new website anyway... ;-)

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm