Re: typeset lyrics

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: typeset lyrics
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 15:13:43 +0100

Ole Schmidt wrote:
I'am a bit shy to out my ignorance...

what I'am missing (maybe I overlooked it) is an overview (maybe a sort of tree?) of how the
all the terms:
\score
 \new Staff
 \new Voice
 \VoiceOne
 \VoiceTwo
\oneVoice
are (hieracial) related and how their encapsulation (<< >> and { }) works There is also the << { } \\ { } >> model for polyphony, when to use which construction?

These issues are described to some extent in the section on "Explicitly instantiating
voices".
Another point are the rules of the \relative mode when you have polyphony/chord constructions (how to use , and ' properly)
Could you please check the following draft of the new revised manual
and see if it provides the relevant information:
http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond/Relative-octave-entry.html#Relative-octave-entry

   /Mats