Re: moving rehearsal marks down

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: moving rehearsal marks down
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 13:06:46 -0700

Moved back to list:

Steven Weber wrote:
I always use extra-offset:  \once \override Score.RehearsalMark
#'extra-offset = #'( 0 . -2 )

It's not optimal, since it removes the rehearsal mark from future collision
detection, but if you're just moving it vertically, it should be fine.
Thanks! I used to use padding for that. I will add another shorthand version of that to my collection of Scheme functions.

The downside of this is that it takes us back to before all the great work that has been done on collision avoidance and requires each rehearsal mark to be tweaked separately. There should be a way to allow the rehearsal marks to fall in the valleys automatically possibly with some existing parameter.

Paul