Re: GDP: renaming Program {usage, reference}

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: GDP: renaming Program {usage, reference}
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 12:43:36 +0100

2007/11/3, address@hidden <address@hidden>:
> Quoting Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> > Does anybody object if I rename Program Reference to Internals
> > Reference?  or maybe Tweak Reference?  or... ?  (renaming Program Usage
> > is also an option)
>
> ... or merging it with Notation Reference, where it belongs.... :-)

Not at all! The notation Reference is here to help users produce
scores using predefined commands and interface, whereas the Internals
Reference describes the way LilyPond *internally* works, to possibly
allow them to change the interface itself.

I vote for "Internals Reference" (by the way, I'm not sure if we have
to say "Internals" or "Internal Reference" -- as a French guy, I'd
prefer the adjective). Besides, this is already how we used to call it
in the Documentation sources, with @internalsref{} links.

Valentin