RE: educational first draft

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: RE: educational first draft
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 17:43:02 -0000

Hope this is not too late to be of use.

Graham Percival wrote on 03 November 2007 06:55

> I've decided to do the rest of the first drafts right now.
> http://web.uvic.ca/~gperciva/
>
> Here's the TODO list.
>

> Educational notation

Was Educational use; name change?
Quite a lot in this section is not really
educational notation or use.  Could the bits
that are not educational be moved into the
main text perhaps?

> - Improvisation: link to relevant section of

This is one section that has nothing to do with
education.  In a negative sense it is to do
with pitches - the lack of them.  Would it
be better there?

> Changing default?
>    is this still valid?

Not sure what this means

>  introduce \with in LM?

This appears in ambitus (which would also be better
under Pitches, BTW).  Yes, \with in LM would be good.

> REWRITE
> - most is pretty good.
> - Blank music sheet: add an example without tab
> staff.  Check if
>    there's a template for this already.
> Actually, move this to a
>    template, and add this to "modifying the
> templates" to LM.

Fine

> Cheers,
> - Graham