Re: educational first draft

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: educational first draft
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 11:01:43 -0800

Trevor Daniels wrote:
Hope this is not too late to be of use.

No, not at all.

Educational notation

Was Educational use; name change?

No particular good reason.  That said, I'm quite open to a real name change.

Quite a lot in this section is not really
educational notation or use.  Could the bits
that are not educational be moved into the
main text perhaps?

Specific suggestions, please. Either for renaming the whole section, or for moving stuff. (or both!)

- Improvisation: link to relevant section of

This is one section that has nothing to do with
education.  In a negative sense it is to do
with pitches - the lack of them.  Would it
be better there?

Hmm. We _do_ include "no meter" in Rhythms, so I suppose we could stuff "no pitches" in Pitches. I'm not convinced, though (either way). Any other opinions about this?

This appears in ambitus (which would also be better
under Pitches, BTW).

Definitely agreed; moved.

Cheers,
- Graham