Re: educational first draft

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: educational first draft
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 00:53:51 -0800

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

To me "editorial notation" gives the impression that it's something different
from normal music typesetting notation,

You have a point here.

Basically, we just want to say "stuff that makes music easier to read". I can't think of any short, formal-language phrase that says the same thing, though. "Educational" and "Editorial" could both be misinterpreted.

Hmm... "Legibility" ?  "Notation to improve legibility" ?

Cheers,
- Graham