Re: Concept for Newbies

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Concept for Newbies
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:47:40 +0100

I don't really understand yoru proposal. Who would do the extra support?
Is there really a need?

Of course, anyone who feels enough an expert to be able to offer such
support is free to start such a service. However, I don't think that
anybody of us who regularly provide answers on the mailing lists now
would be able to spend much more time if he got a few dollars per
month in return. Han-Wen tried to make a living based on implementing
sponsored features, but it didn't work.

The bottom line is, LilyPond is free software implemented and supported
by enthusiasts on their spare time.

   /Mats

Francois Planiol-Auger wrote:
Hi,

I think it would be nice to offer better service for newbies here.

I thought about a kind of sponsorship: Users may register as sponsor, newbies (specially newbies coming from pure Windowing without a background in programming/scripting) may register as newbies, all classified in lands. Questions and Introduction may happen per PM or Forum and evtl. Telefon.

The idea is not so much to spare here the redundant questions, but first of all making lilypond accessible for a broader range of people.

What do u think of it?

Francois

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing