Multi-measure rests and \partcombine

From: Joris Grouwels
Subject: Multi-measure rests and \partcombine
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 16:49:39 +0100

Hi,

When several voices are combined on one staff with \partcombine,
multi-measure rests in the first voice are only printed in the first
measure of their span if voiceTwo contains skips. The following measures
are empty.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

When voiceTwo contains rests too, the expected rests are printed (one
rest for both voices).
When voiceTwo contains notes, the rests in voiceOne are note printed: as
expected, only voiceTwo is printed with the "Solo II" indication.

I include an example file which illustrates the three different behaviours:

\version "2.10.25"

testOne={
    \time 2/4
    R2*4