User survey?

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: User survey?
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 16:49:51 +0100

I was wondering: has there ever been a user survey for Lilypond users? What
made me think about this is the current work on the documentation, but I
suppose it might be interesting for other purposes too.

- How many users are there?
- how many of the users are only/primarily musicians, and how many are
  programmers who also write music?
- How many use windows/mac/linux?
- How do they use the docs?
- Which parts of the docs are they most happy/dissatisfied with?
- How many have ever used scheme code in their scores (beyond the simplest
  "almost standard LP syntax" like ##t)?
- How many have written a scheme function themselves?
- What kind of music do they write? which parts of LP are most used?
- and which parts are most in need of extensions/simplifications?

Things like this. I imagine it could be done as a running survey with a
link from the front page, or something like that. Has this been done
before? is there any interest in doing it now?

Eyolf

--
Darth Vader:
        The Force is strong with this one.