Re:User survey? (Graham Percival)

From: Maurits Lamers
Subject: Re:User survey? (Graham Percival)
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 14:42:30 +0100

Hi,

I haven't been able to follow the entire discussion, but on the point below I think I can make a small addition:

.  There was recently a proposal to create a mini "online
tutorial" for the lilypond application -- something that would walk
through users compiling and viewing their first score. Sure, that would be useful... and would simplify the doc tutorial. But we don't have the
programming resources, so any further discussion is a waste of time.

I have written a small tutorial for first year music technology students (in Dutch, link: http://kmt.hku.nl/~maurits/doku.php? id=lilypond:start ). The intention was to facilitate users without any knowledge about programming or the use of Lilypond with learning the basic concepts behind notating music using Lilypond and providing them thus with enough knowledge and experience to enable them to use the online user manual on lilypond.org.

I am gladly offering to translate this tutorial into English if this would be useful.

regards

Maurits Lamers