Re: trouble with piano staff dynamics

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: trouble with piano staff dynamics
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 15:40:37 -0500

Hi, Michael:

I am having trouble making dynamics that apply to both treble and bass clef. How
do I apply dynamics to both at the same time?

If you put the dynamics "in-line" in the treble staff music, then simply use \dynamicDown to force the dynamics to appear below the upper staff (and, therefore, between the two staves) -- e.g., in your \score declaration, use something like

\score
{
        \new PianoStaff
        <<
                \new Staff = "upper" << \dynamicUp \RHMusic >>
                \new Staff = "lower" << \LHMusic >>

}

Hope this helps!
Kieren.