Re: GDP: renaming Program {usage, reference}

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: renaming Program {usage, reference}
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 04:09:55 -0800

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Graham Percival wrote:

The strong editorial decision from a few months ago is this:

Notation Reference: defines the lilypond input syntax.

I think it describes a lot more than just the syntax.

Sorry, I was misusing a word again -- I didn't mean "syntax". I should have said "the lilypond input format". Or even better,

How to write the text files that lilypond interprets. Does not include complete details about properties, contexts, etc.

Internals Reference: defines the "under the hood" lilypond stuff.

Which doesn't really make sense, since you have to look under the hood
every time you want to make a property setting.

Err, remember that the Program Reference is now the IR. The NR will describe how to construct tweaks in a compact manner, the LM will describe how to construct tweaks in a legible manner, but finding out what the Voice #'padding property does (and what the default value is!) is only done in the IR.

(in this case, #'padding is used as examples in the LM and NR, so of course people will know about it -- but the actual place to find this info is the IR)

Cheers,
- Graham