Re: GDP: NR Specification

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: GDP: NR Specification
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 11:19:13 +0100

On 08.11.2007 (15:44), Graham Percival wrote:
>  Based on the recent discussions, what should change in the written policy?

I'd say: the following sentence:

>  However, they should be familiar with the material in the Learning
>  Manual (particularly ``Fundamental Concepts''), so do not repeat
>  that material in this book.  Also, you should assume that users

Fundamental concepts should be explained in the NR also, but in a different
style than in the LM: in the NR in a precise, technical man page-like way,
in the LM in a tutorial style. There should not be *information* in the LM
which is not also available from the NR, it should just be presented
differently.

Eyolf

--
Sometimes I indulge myself in safaris which no other being may take. I strike
inward along the axis of my memories. Like a schoolchild reporting on a

  -- The Stolen Journals