How to put chords on a score automatically

From: Father Gordon Gilbert
Subject: How to put chords on a score automatically
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 16:41:34 -0500

Hi list,

I'm working on a four-part score for barbershop chorus.  It has four separate voices of course, and words to the lead line, as well as words to various parts of other voices.

My question is this:  As I arrange this, I want to have the chords I am creating displayed  so I can see where the parts should go.  Is there a way to have LilyPond display the chords I have created in these disparate voices?   I know that the chords thus formed are not very smart ( i.e. it can't recognise inversions) but that's OK -- I will remove these when the arrangement is complete.  BTW, I *did* search through the Manual to see if there was something there, but could not find it -- if it *is* there, I will be happy to read the relevant entries, once they are pointed out.

Thanks,

Fr. Gordon Gilbert+

--
Fr. Gordon Gilbert