Re: Polyphony clarification

From: Charles Gran
Subject: Re: Polyphony clarification
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 07:20:30 -0800

On 12 Nov 2007 at 14:54, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> I hope you have read the section called "Explicitly instantiating voices"
> carefully a number of times ;-).

Yes, and my head spun each time.  Kidding.  (Actually, as a note to
whomever does the documentation: though I understand it is to clearly
show what is possible, having a complex three part example like the
one used in "6.3.4 Explicitly instantiating voices" without first
having a simple two-part excerpt makes this section tough going. )

> Note that \voiceOne and \voiceTwo are
> predefined macros that just set a number of properties, i.e. they have
> nothing
> to do with creating new voices, per se.
>
> The example in the manual, assumes that you yourself have defined \upper and
> \lower as commands/macros/identifiers or whatever you want to call them.

So \upper could be a name of a voice that could have \voiceTwo
properties?

Charles