Re: GDP: keep separate pdf files?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: GDP: keep separate pdf files?
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:45:54 +0100

2007/11/15, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>:
> Graham Percival wrote:
>
> > Since the GDP docs are spread over the LM, NR, AU, and snippets -- not
> > to mention MG and IR -- what about making a tarball / zip  which
> > contained all these manuals, and removing the download links for
> > individual PDFs?  This would avoid problems with people downloading only
> > the LM and discovering all the links which wouldn't work.
>
> True! On the other hand, downloading a ZIP requires somewhat
> more computer experience than just clicking on a link to a PDF file,
> so I'm not sure we should remove the current links.
>
>    /Mats

Please remember that Adobe reader can be installed as a browser
plugin, in this case PDF links between different documents would work.
I have seen links into PDFs that even have javascript scripts, e.g.
history-go-back to the previous document.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org