Re: Dodgy dotted notes

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: Dodgy dotted notes
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 02:58:48 +0100

On 17.11.2007 (01:27), Ossie Wilson wrote:
> I am using Version 2.8.6 on Windows 98.
> Clementi Sonata op.7 no.3 has some bars with dotted quaver followed by demi-
> semi-quavers and then other notes which can give bar lengths varying from the
> time sig by 1 to 2 demi-semi-quavers. Manual typesetting can handle this but
> LP ends up with bar-creep.
> Any suggestions how to print the notes in the correct places and still end up
> with no bar-creep.

I take it that you mean that there are too many notes in the measure. You
can either use \times to create a tuplet and then hide it with

\once \override TupletNumber "'transparent = ##t

or scale the durations with something like

a4. b16*2/3 c16*2/3 b16*2/3

where the three 16ths will equal an 8th note.

See the manual, chapters on Scaling durations and Tuplets.

Eyolf

--
Emperor Palpatine:
        Everything that has transpired has done so according