Re: GDP: church rests

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: church rests
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 18:52:41 -0800

Hans Aberg wrote:
So what should the multi-measure rest symbol
  |-----|
be called?

I couldn't really pick out an answer from this discussion, so we'll just keep the current "church rests". Since it mentions longa and breve in parentheses, I think it's fine.

The glossary makes it clear that this is a lilypond-specific term, anyway.

If you object to this, please see the current GDP docs and make a specific suggestion as to how we should change them.

Cheers,
- Graham