Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 60, Issue 46

From: James Wilkinson
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 60, Issue 46
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 16:48:30 -0500

 > the instrument name "oboe" does not print
 \version "2.11.27"
 \include "LoHow.ly"
 \context Staff { \set Staff.instrument = "oboe" \clef treble \alto}

If you look at the current docs, you'll see that the relevant properties are now called "instrumentName" (for the name on the first system) and "shortInstrumentName" (for the name on subsequent systems).

For more info, see:
     <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/
Instrument-names#Instrument-names>

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

Sure does. Fixed me right up.

I can't help thinking that an error message would have been in order here. As I interpret what happened here, I can say '\set Staff.anyOldThing = "whatever"', and Lilypond won't complain. Is that right?

thanks
Jimmy Wilkinson            | Professor Emeritus of Computer Science
address@hidden        | The College of Charleston
(843) 953-8160             | Charleston      SC        29424
http://www.cs.cofc.edu/~jimmy

If there is one word to describe me, that word would have to be "profectionist".
Any form of incompitence is an athema to me.
Metathesis??? Don't ax me.
Just between you and I, the grammar used by Americans are getting worse.
I can only help but wonder what the cause of this might be.
It just ceases to amaze me how it could be the case, but mostly I could care less.