Re: Creating a nice formatted Chords + Lyrics layout for guitar players

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: Creating a nice formatted Chords + Lyrics layout for guitar players
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:21:20 +0100

On 19.11.2007 (02:24), Thomas Bonte wrote:

> Hi eyolf,
>
> It is indeed already discussed before, but without proper results.
>
> The reason why we use lilypond is because I want to use the transpose
> functionality, in order to transpose several keys in one time using a little
> script. So, I don't consider this as pure text.

You're right -- that might be a reason to use Lilypond. However, some of
the other approaches do the same, only with much less hassle. I tried out
chordpack (http://mujweb.cz/www/danielpolansky/chordpack/) which does
transposition as well. GuitarTeX
(http://guitartex.sourceforge.net/en/guitartex/book1.html) seems ok as
well, but I haven't tried it out yet.

   "Oops, I always forget the purpose of competition is to divide people into
winners and losers." -Hobbes being sarcastic