modifying piano templates

From: David Fedoruk
Subject: modifying piano templates
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 19:22:19 -0800

Hello:

As I've been working on music further into the 18th and 19th Centuries
I've realised that almost all piano music is 4 voiced polyphonic
Harmony. I realise statement is somewhat redundant however it serves
to point the independent melodic character of many of the parts.

I've been looking through Mutopia for a suitable template but found
that the solutions are mostly unique to each typesetter and also
complex enough that I cannot easily cull out what is essential to a
template from what is unique to that piece of music.

While I have a basic understanding ( I think) of how things work, it
is not sufficient to build a workable template that can server as a
durable starting point to work from.

Much of what I am doing will need to be excerpted for use in articles
or essays or even the web. l can see that as I move further ahead, the
writing gets more complex and more complex typesetting solutions are
necessary. My skill set simply cannot keep up with it. Can anyone help
out with this?

Cheers

David

--