Re: \markup in manual volta endings

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: \markup in manual volta endings
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 07:03:53 -0800 (PST)

Alright,

Risto Vääräniemi wrote:
> Does someone have an idea how this should be implemented in 2.11.?
> The LSR has a nice snippet for 2.10. but that does not help much
> and \override Staff.VoltaBracket #'font-name = #"sans" has no effect.

Now I can change the VoltaBracket font a bit. :-) The Staff.VoltaBracket
stuff didn't have any effect but I found out that Score.VoltaBracket had
some more power.

Some problems arose, though. If I tried to change the font-name to "roman",
"sans" or "typewriter" the font was no longer Feta but some kind of
proportional sans-serif font. Setting the font-name to "New Century
Schoolbook", which I guess is the default serif font in LP, did the trick.

I could also change the font size but I couldn't change the text to bold or
italics typeface. I've tried the #'font-series = #'bold and #'font-shape =
#'italic. Is there a way to change the font to italics or bold?

Another thing. The user manual section "Manual repeat commands" states that
the repeatCommands accepts markup text. This does not seem to be valid as
Paul Scott already pointed out. The statement is present also in the GDP. If
the markup text doesn't work, please consider revising the document when you
get there.

The markup in Score.repeatCommands affects also the VoltaBracket directly in
front of it. If you uncomment the markup row (and comment out the row before
it) the second volta bracket disappears and the first bracket is extended to
the of the second bracket.

-Risto

%%%% Snippet %%%%%
\version "2.11.34"

{
    \override Score.VoltaBracket #'font-name = #"New Century Schoolbook"
    \override Score.VoltaBracket #'font-shape = #'bold

    c'1
        \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta "foobar" ))
    c'  \bar ":|"
        \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f))
        \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta "foobar" ))
        %\set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta \markup {"foobar" }))
    c'
        \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f))
    \bar "|."
}