Re: Lilypond for serial music?

From: Christ van Willegen
Subject: Re: Lilypond for serial music?
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:15:27 +0100

Hi,

(that should have been to the list, sorry to bother you Andrea)

On Nov 28, 2007 12:27 AM, Andrea Valle <address@hidden> wrote:
>  I typically use lilypond for algorithmic composition. I use Python to
> script lily.
> Serial practices are just very simple cases.
> There are other on the list doing so in very complex ways (e.g. Trevor
> Bača).

One of these days (when I get a round tuit) I'll write a program to
output a .ly file to typeset a (random) version of Riley's "In C" (see
http://www.otherminds.org/SCORES/InC.pdf for a score of the work).
It'd be nice to have a midi file of it ;-)

Christ van Willegen
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0