lilypond slowness?

From: Simon Dahlbacka
Subject: lilypond slowness?
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 23:28:06 +0200

I have had a break working with lilypond, but I just downloaded 2.11.35 (running on Vista x86), and find it *very* slow compared to my recollection.

We're talking close to thee digit numbers for a simple monophonic score with less than 20 bars.. This cannot be right? What am I missing here?

running with -V seems to indicate that it's "Building font database" every time, how can I avoid this? ..and yes, I have installed it to a directory that does not require admin privileges.

regards,
Simon