Re: Setting width for one-measure example

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Setting width for one-measure example
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 09:55:40 +0100

2007/12/3, Albert Frantz <address@hidden>:
> Hello,

> I'm trying to create an extremely simple one-measure example, but the measure
> is
> extended across the page.  Can someone please help me to limit the length to
> something reasonable?

You need to set to "true" (letter "t") the ragged-right variable, in a
\paper block.

> I've searched through the archives and have tried the suggestions for setting
> paper size and line / measure width, but Lily returns errors.  Obviously I
> don't
> yet understand the structure of Lily files, so I please request that solutions
> be entered directly into the file so that they work -- please don't just
> write,
> "You need command xxxx" since I won't know what to do with it!

Just add it at the top of your source file. LilyPond syntax can be
quite simple sometimes, you know :)

Here's what your file looks like now:

\paper {
  ragged-right = ##t
}

\score {
\context Staff \relative c'' { \appoggiatura b16 b8 b16 b16 }
\layout{
   \context {
     \Staff
     \remove Staff_symbol_engraver