Re: MIDI to sheet music?

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: MIDI to sheet music?
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 16:56:20 +0100

Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

> However, I have to warn you that this utility is fairly primitive
> and might have problems to get all rhythms right, especially if your
> MIDI file wasn't produced by some other notation program.

I get reasonable (= useful) results when using Rosegarden as
'converter'. It has the added benefit that you can import the MIDI, do
some first step corrections using the Rosegarden note editor, then
export to Lilypond and perform the fine tunings.

Rosegarden may not always be easy to install and use, though.

-- Johan