Re: Help on changing staff sizes

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: Help on changing staff sizes
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 18:49:28 +0200

Sorry, I try to say it in a way that it might be added to the docs.

In 5.2.1 the @refbugs (line 495 in spacing.itely on master) it states:

"@code{layout-set-staff-size} does not change the distance between the
staff lines."

Could we add a sentence:
"Use instead the pair fontSize = address@hidden
            \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep @var{N})
inside the Staff context to change the size of the font and the distance between
staff lines accordingly."

Actually I found, that the @internalsref{StaffSymbol} at line 481 sends to an uncomplete documentation. The property staff-space is not explained here. I thought Y-extent might be of help, but it is in turn explained by x-space which again is missing from the list. Who has the
knowledge to fix this?

Greetings
Till

Graham Percival schrieb:
What are we supposed to remember for the docs?
- Graham