Re: I'd like some collisions!

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: I'd like some collisions!
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 15:50:04 -0800

http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?can=2&q=collision

However, as you already see, collisions get fixed occasionally, which makes such docs obsolete. Please try to isolate discussion about specific collision to one paragraph. ie don't have a whole section talking about vertical collisions (as it is right now); instead, have

blah blah general collisions...

blah blah extra-offset vs x-offset...

examples

blah blah dynamics and kneed beams...

[lilypond example]

blah blah noteheads with four voices...

[lilypnode example]

That way we can easily comment out the single paragraph+example that demonstrates the workaround, whenever that bug is fixed.

Cheers,
- Graham

Trevor Daniels wrote:
I'm finding in rewriting the parts of the manual that deal
with correcting collisions that many of the old examples no
longer "work", ie the new skylining code deals with them all
correctly, at least to the extent that the objects no longer
collide.  So I'm looking for examples of 'collisions' that
still actually collide in the later 2.11 releases.  I have a
few, but they are all either rather esoteric or rather
artificial.  Any contributions of genuine collisions in real
music would be gratefully received!

Trevor D