Re: Why can't I get a barline at the end of this"

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Why can't I get a barline at the end of this"
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 11:36:09 -0700

Trevor Daniels wrote:
Paul Scott wrote on 09 December 2007 15:06
Now you know the meaning of "||:". What would
then be the sense of ":||"?
"||:" produces a double barline at the end of
the bar before "||:" if
there is a linebreak. But at ":||" you want
":|" at the end of the bar
and this doesn´t change if there´s a line break.

Certainly it does!  You want a double bar at the
beginning of the next line.

Do you have any reference sources for this practice?
If so, the change you suggest would be a valid
request for an enhancement.

A quick look on my bookcase failed to provide an
example, although I found plenty of examples of the
opposite behaviour, ie previous line ending with
a end-repeat, next line no barline.
Thanks. I stand corrected. The place where I expected to see that behavior didn't show it.

Paul