Re: different pitches with the same rhythm

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: different pitches with the same rhythm
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 00:11:30 +0100

2007/12/9, Rune Zedeler <address@hidden>:

> > http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=289
>
> I searched to LSR for "music-box", and as it didn't show up anything I
> assumed that the snippet had not been added to the LSR.

IIRC, it's one of the snippets I added myself about a year ago. When I
did, I had to give it a more self-explanatory title than just
"music-box" :)

However, I renamed it to add the "music box" terms in the title for
better compatibility.

> Though, looking at it, I see that it has been somewhat messed up.

I wouldn't say that. Somebody (maybe Graham) commented a large part of
the code, but the full code is still there. (Plus, it has been
commented in the input/ files, so it's not about the LSR at all).

> Somebody has shortened it, so that it only contains the two first
> measures, but the variables that contain the end of the prelude (enda,
> endb and endc) are still defined without being used.

Yes, but they're ready to be used (one only has to uncomment the code
if the functions do interest him).

> I would vote for reverting the example to the whole prelude. It is more
> illustrative that way.

In the input/ files? I doubt it's worth it.
In the documentation? definitively not.
In the LSR? Might be worth giving it a shot. I uncommented the code,
so users can see the full Prelude if they want to (besides, it's cool
to finally use the "Large Snippet" feature once in a while).

If we ever (it's being discussed right now) implement the LSR *in* the
docs however, we may have to shrink this snippet down (without
removing any of the code, once again).

Valentin