RE: Piano Centered Dynamics and bar collision - again

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: RE: Piano Centered Dynamics and bar collision - again
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 23:15:41 -0000

Hi Peter

Dynamics placed between piano staves can collide with
barlines.  It makes no difference whether they are
centered or not.  Unfortunately if this happens you
have to reposition the dynamics manually.  There are
(at least) two ways to do this.

1. Dynamics are normally centered on the note to which
they are attached.  They can instead be left- or
right-aligned with the following overrides

\override DynamicText #'self-alignment-X = #1  %
Right-aligned.
\override DynamicText #'self-alignment-X = #-1 %
Left-aligned.

2. For finer control the dynamic text may be moved with
the following override

\override DynamicText #'extra-offset = #'(x . y)

Replace x and y with the distance in staff-spaces you wish
to move the text.  Negative quantities move to the left and
down respectively.  Values may be any real numbers.

Trevor D

Nabble.com.