Re: TextScript/Lyrics positioning order

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: TextScript/Lyrics positioning order
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 07:49:38 +0100

Quoting Michael Käppler <address@hidden>:

Hi all,
how can I get Lilypond to align simple TextScripts(something like
c4.^"blabla") >above< the LyricText?
I write a piece of choir music for four voices on two staves like
template A.4.1 in the manual.
I tried setting outside-staff-priority higher for TextScript, which
failed. Padding the TextScript only leads to Lyrics further away from
the Staff.

As you have noted, if you attach a TextScript to a note in a stave,
then LilyPond considers it part of that stave and keeps the vertical
order of the different contexts (staves, lyric lines, ...).

However, you can instead attach a textual annotation to a lyrics
syllable, using a text markup command. Let's say that your syllable
is "I" and that you want to add "Shout!" on top of it, than you can
use \lyricmode{  \override LyricText #'direction = #UP
 ... \markup{ \dir-column { I Shout! } } ...

If you instead want the annotation below a syllable, then you can use
the \column markup command and don't have to bother about setting the
direction property.

   /Mats

Thanks for any help.

Regards,