Re: Piano Centered Dynamics and bar collision - again

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Piano Centered Dynamics and bar collision - again
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:27:59 -0500

Hi Peter,

I had tried this before, by adding these three lines to the Dynamics context and leaving the rest as in the original template. [...] It does not prevent collisions

Interesting... well, it was worth a shot.  =\

the Barlines do not become transparent where collisions occur.

That was never the goal (of that technique), of course.

However, it did give me a brainstorm that might be helpful: is there a way to wrap (by default) every dynamic in a white outline? That way, the font outline would mask out the barline immediately around the f (or whatever the dynamic is), as I've often seen in hand- engraved scores.

Best wishes,
Kieren.

p.s. None of this is to excuse the fact that Lilypond doesn't handle such dynamic collisions properly -- just trying to solve your immediate problem.