Re: GDP: NR 1 pitches release candidate 1

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: GDP: NR 1 pitches release candidate 1
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 16:48:38 +0100

If you refer to the extended syntax
#(set-accidental-style 'STYLE #('CONTEXT))
the current manual is wrong. The correct syntax is
#(set-accidental-style 'STYLE 'CONTEXT)

For example, in the example that's repeated over and over in this section,
you can do the setting once for the full score by having a line like
          #(set-accidental-style 'forget 'Score)
in one of the staves:
    \new PianoStaff {
      <<
        \context Staff = "up" {
          %%% change the next line as desired:
          #(set-accidental-style 'forget 'Score)
          \musicA
        }
        \context Staff = "down" {
          \musicB

This works exactly the same as when you do a property setting that applies to
all Voice contexts of a full score, by saying
\override Score.NoteHead #'color = #'red

This also means that the comment about the 'piano style that you have to apply it to all the staves, can be replaced by a comment saying that the setting has to be applied in a context that contains all the involved staves, i.e. #(set-accidental-style 'piano 'Score)
or
          #(set-accidental-style 'piano 'PianoStaff)
Note also that the actual .ly code used in the examples use a PianoStaff
context, whereas some of the comments and example lines of code instead
mention a GrandStaff context (see also my email entitled "instrument names
in some contexts").

Do you want me to fix this section, or can you do it yourself based on the
comments above?

  /Mats