RE: partcombine, but including rests in quiet voices?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: RE: partcombine, but including rests in quiet voices?
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:20:14 -0000

How about using a second voice, introduced temporarily while
you want the horns in two parts, like this?  It
automatically makes the second horn stems go down, but this
seems no bad thing.

\new Staff <<
  \key e \major
  \time 4/4
  \relative c'' {
    R1 |  % Both
    <<
      {R1 | b2.\f a4 | gis4 }  % Horn 1
    \\
      {a2.\f gis4 | fis2. fis4 | fis }  % Horn 2

    fis2 e |  % Both
  }

Trevor D

http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/
 * Financial and Actuarial Mathematics, TU Wien,
http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/
 * K Desktop Environment, http://www.kde.org, KOrganizer
maintainer