Two output questions

From: Jim Neubauer
Subject: Two output questions
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:30:04 +0000 (UTC)

This program is wonderful. I really enjoy using it. I have two output
questions however.
I've written a very simple hymn and used lilypond to get it onto paper. I am
wondering about the *.ps files that are generated. I think I've figured out
that they are acutally image files. What is the minimum program I need from
Adobe to view those images or use them directly outside of the pdf format?
Right now I'm working around by using a pdf to tiff converter, but would like
to create a 1/2 page insert for the bulletin in a more direct way.

Also for this hymn I would like to generate a midi file so that I can listen
and make small adaptations right at my computer without having to go to the
piano which is no where near my computer. I'm somewhat confused as to what
code needs to be present to get the midi output. I can generate the one note
that is used in the example, but when I try to copy the example into my hymn
file, I don't get the midi file generated.

Thanks for putting up with a nubbie

Jim